Taylor Lautner Falsely Outed On Fake Magazine Cover
Taylor Lautner found himself the latest victim of an Internet hoax on Monday, when a fake People magazine cover, supposedly teasing the January issue of the magazine, was leaked online.
The fake cover featured an image of Lautner above the title, "Exclusive: Taylor Lautner Out & Proud." The caption read, "Tired of rumors, the Twilight star opens up about his decision to finally come out. 'I'm more liberated, and happier than I've ever been,'" the cover "quoted."
A rep for People quickly responded to the cover, telling Gossip Cop that it was "absolutely fake." The photoshopped job also featured sidebar pics of Brad Pitt and Carnie Wilson, both of which were reportedly lifted from a legitimate May 2006 People cover.
Even celebs fell for the fabrication. Hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons first tweeted his support for Lautner's "bravery," before finding out the whole thing was a hoax. "Disappointed that people would joke about someone coming out about their sexuality. Let Taylor Lautner be whoever he wants to be..." Simmons later tweeted.
Read more here:
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant Patrick Jagodzinski On Andi Dorfman's Pick Of Josh Murray & Who Should Be The Next Bachelor [EXCLUSIVE]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
- Pat Summerall, Iconic NFL Announcer, Dies At 82
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'