Taylor Lautner Falsely Outed On Fake Magazine Cover
Taylor Lautner found himself the latest victim of an Internet hoax on Monday, when a fake People magazine cover, supposedly teasing the January issue of the magazine, was leaked online.
The fake cover featured an image of Lautner above the title, "Exclusive: Taylor Lautner Out & Proud." The caption read, "Tired of rumors, the Twilight star opens up about his decision to finally come out. 'I'm more liberated, and happier than I've ever been,'" the cover "quoted."
A rep for People quickly responded to the cover, telling Gossip Cop that it was "absolutely fake." The photoshopped job also featured sidebar pics of Brad Pitt and Carnie Wilson, both of which were reportedly lifted from a legitimate May 2006 People cover.
Even celebs fell for the fabrication. Hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons first tweeted his support for Lautner's "bravery," before finding out the whole thing was a hoax. "Disappointed that people would joke about someone coming out about their sexuality. Let Taylor Lautner be whoever he wants to be..." Simmons later tweeted.
Read more here:
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango