Taylor Lautner Falsely Outed On Fake Magazine Cover
Taylor Lautner found himself the latest victim of an Internet hoax on Monday, when a fake People magazine cover, supposedly teasing the January issue of the magazine, was leaked online.
The fake cover featured an image of Lautner above the title, "Exclusive: Taylor Lautner Out & Proud." The caption read, "Tired of rumors, the Twilight star opens up about his decision to finally come out. 'I'm more liberated, and happier than I've ever been,'" the cover "quoted."
A rep for People quickly responded to the cover, telling Gossip Cop that it was "absolutely fake." The photoshopped job also featured sidebar pics of Brad Pitt and Carnie Wilson, both of which were reportedly lifted from a legitimate May 2006 People cover.
Even celebs fell for the fabrication. Hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons first tweeted his support for Lautner's "bravery," before finding out the whole thing was a hoax. "Disappointed that people would joke about someone coming out about their sexuality. Let Taylor Lautner be whoever he wants to be..." Simmons later tweeted.
Read more here:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV