Kitsch: 'John Carter Got Me Through Customs'
He plays the lead in one of the biggest movies this year, but to a Phillipines customs official, Taylor Kitsch was just another nobody who had run out of blank pages in his passport.
Kitsch, 30, who is best known for playing high school football star Tim Riggins on TV's Friday Night Lights, was trying to get through to the Phillipines to film Oliver Stone's latest, Savages, when a customs officer threatened to turn him back. Despite displaying a work permit and arguing that he was a well-known actor in the U.S., the officer remained unconvinced. That's when Kitsch — who told this story while on The Late Show with David Letterman Wednesday night — pulled out his iPhone and played the trailer for John Carter, which luckily got him through.
You can watch the interview here, via the Washington Post.
Watch the latest trailer for John Carter, out March 9, here:
You might also like:
Most Popular News
- Jeremiah Heaton Claimed Small Piece Of African Desert To Make His Daughter A Princess
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- 'Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes' Review Roundup: Critics Give Sequel Top Marks
- Chris Hemsworth Films Scenes As Thor For 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'
- Tom Hardy Shoots Scenes For 'Legend'
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Lucy Hale On 'Pretty Little Liars,' Her New Album, Her Plan To Send Girls To Camp
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'