Kitsch: 'John Carter Got Me Through Customs'
He plays the lead in one of the biggest movies this year, but to a Phillipines customs official, Taylor Kitsch was just another nobody who had run out of blank pages in his passport.
Kitsch, 30, who is best known for playing high school football star Tim Riggins on TV's Friday Night Lights, was trying to get through to the Phillipines to film Oliver Stone's latest, Savages, when a customs officer threatened to turn him back. Despite displaying a work permit and arguing that he was a well-known actor in the U.S., the officer remained unconvinced. That's when Kitsch — who told this story while on The Late Show with David Letterman Wednesday night — pulled out his iPhone and played the trailer for John Carter, which luckily got him through.
You can watch the interview here, via the Washington Post.
Watch the latest trailer for John Carter, out March 9, here:
You might also like:
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- '300: Rise Of An Empire' Review Roundup: Epic Sequel Doesn't Fare Well With Critics
- Simon Cowell Walks His Two Dogs Shirtless
- Rose McIver Films 'Petals On The Wind'Â™ With Heather Graham, Ellen Burstyn
- Jeremy Piven And Liam Neeson Film Entourage Movie In West Hollywood
Most Popular Videos
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes
Wong Kar-wai Video Interview On 'The Grandmaster'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
June Squibb On 'Nebraska,' Bruce Dern, Alexander Payne, Her Oscar Nomination
Ozzie Smith On Why Opening Day Should Be A National Holiday, Hall Of Fame, PED
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango