Susannah Collins, Sports Announcer Who Gaffed Reporting On Blackhawks, Is Fired
Susannah Collins has been fired after an on air gaffe while reporting on the Chicago Blackhawks hockey team. Her firing is reportedly coming after her employer, Comcast SportsNet, took another look at the raunchy sports videos she made in her past, according to the Chicago Tribune.
On Tuesday, while reporting on the Chicago Blackhawks, Collins mistakenly said that the Blackhawks had a "tremendous amount of sex during the regular season." She quickly recovered, correcting her mistake and saying that the team had "success," but the soundbite went viral anyway. It was featured on news broadcasts and websites, as well as late night shows. Jay Leno dubbed it the "Freudian Slip of the Day."
The slip, which put the spotlight on Collins, brought her 2009 and 2010 raunchy YouTube videos to the attention of her employers and others. At the time, she was a co-host of Sports Nutz, a broadcast with questionable taste that relied on sexually explicit material. Collins and her co-host Sam Raddock once did a dramatic reading of Chocolate Thunder, NBA player Darryl Dawkins' autobiography.
In September of 2012, Collins got a job as a full-time reporter for CSN Chicago handing post-game duties for the network's coverage of the market's big four sports teams – the Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs and White Sox. She had previously worked for Showtime Sports, the NFL Network and WCBS-TV.
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango