Survivor's Lisa Whelchel Diagnosed With West Nile Virus
Lisa Whelchel, 49, who was best known as one of the teen stars of The Facts of Life until she popped up for a whole new generation to enjoy as one of the reality contestants on Survivor: Philippines, is facing a whole new kind of challenge in recovering from West Nile virus.
"Dr. just called with blood test results," Whelchel tweeted on Tuesday. "I have West Nile. Ugh. I'm fine, just tired. Takes a year to recover."
While Whelchel held her own on CBS's Survivor, making it at least up to Episode 10, which airs next week, there is no direct evidence that her illness is connected to her work on Survivor, despite the fact that West Nile is carried by mosquitoes. According to People, there have been 4,000 cases reported in the U.S. this year.
Whether it did or not, however, Whelchel wouldn't change a thing. "I didn't have one moment when I regretted being out there," she said. "In fact, the contrary. I was having an adventure; I was doing something that was a challenge, that was very hard." Perhaps there's a winner in our midst and we don't even know it?
Whelchel, who split from her husband of 24 years, Steve Cauble, barely a week before her Survivor tryout, is expected to make a full recovery.
For more like this:
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Aimee Richardson Is A 'Princess For Hire' After 'Game Of Thrones' Recasting
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant Patrick Jagodzinski On Andi Dorfman's Pick Of Josh Murray & Who Should Be The Next Bachelor [EXCLUSIVE]
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'