Summer Solstice Celebrated With Google Doodle
Google welcomed summer today with a special, summer solstice Google Doodle. Google, famous for playing with their homepage by changing the Google logo above the search box, is celebrating the coming of the summer season with an animated image of five swimmers wearing Google colors bobbing in an ocean wave.
The Summer Solstice is known as the longest day of the year — when the sun rises early and sets late — and marks the official end of spring. Today in New York City, the sun rose at 5:25 am and will set a whole fourteen hours later at 8:30 pm, according to Steve Beyer of The Hayden Planetarium.
Most Popular News
- Why Sia Doesn't Show Her Face
- 2014 Emmy Nominations: 'Game Of Thrones' Leads The Nominations; Netflix Series Recognized
- Shooting Range Instructor Accidentally Killed By 9-Year-Old With Uzi [VIDEO]
- Harrison Ford Resumes Filming 'Star Wars: Episode VII' After Leg Injury
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen