Summer Solstice Celebrated With Google Doodle
Google welcomed summer today with a special, summer solstice Google Doodle. Google, famous for playing with their homepage by changing the Google logo above the search box, is celebrating the coming of the summer season with an animated image of five swimmers wearing Google colors bobbing in an ocean wave.
The Summer Solstice is known as the longest day of the year — when the sun rises early and sets late — and marks the official end of spring. Today in New York City, the sun rose at 5:25 am and will set a whole fourteen hours later at 8:30 pm, according to Steve Beyer of The Hayden Planetarium.
Most Popular News
- Mimi Faust Releases Sex Tape With 'Love & Hip Hop Atlanta' Boyfriend Nikko Smith
- Game Of Thrones: Who Killed King Joffrey Baratheon?
- Leonardo DiCaprio Takes Girlfriend Toni Garrn To Beverly Hills Farmers Market
- Saoirse Ronan Films 'Brooklyn'
- Hugh Hefner Celebrates 88th Birthday With 'Casablanca' Party At Playboy Mansion
Most Popular Videos
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes
Matt Bomer & Marisa Coughlan On 'Space Station 76,' SXSW
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Dave Barry On 'You Can Date Boys When You Are Forty,' Justin Bieber
Jason Schwartzman On 'The Grand Budapest Hotel,' Wes Anderson, Jeff Goldblum