Summer Solstice Celebrated With Google Doodle
Google welcomed summer today with a special, summer solstice Google Doodle. Google, famous for playing with their homepage by changing the Google logo above the search box, is celebrating the coming of the summer season with an animated image of five swimmers wearing Google colors bobbing in an ocean wave.
The Summer Solstice is known as the longest day of the year — when the sun rises early and sets late — and marks the official end of spring. Today in New York City, the sun rose at 5:25 am and will set a whole fourteen hours later at 8:30 pm, according to Steve Beyer of The Hayden Planetarium.
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- '300: Rise Of An Empire' Review Roundup: Epic Sequel Doesn't Fare Well With Critics
- Simon Cowell Walks His Two Dogs Shirtless
- Rose McIver Films 'Petals On The Wind'Â™ With Heather Graham, Ellen Burstyn
- Jeremy Piven And Liam Neeson Film Entourage Movie In West Hollywood
Most Popular Videos
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes
Wong Kar-wai Video Interview On 'The Grandmaster'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
June Squibb On 'Nebraska,' Bruce Dern, Alexander Payne, Her Oscar Nomination
Ozzie Smith On Why Opening Day Should Be A National Holiday, Hall Of Fame, PED
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango