Summer Solstice Celebrated With Google Doodle
Google welcomed summer today with a special, summer solstice Google Doodle. Google, famous for playing with their homepage by changing the Google logo above the search box, is celebrating the coming of the summer season with an animated image of five swimmers wearing Google colors bobbing in an ocean wave.
The Summer Solstice is known as the longest day of the year — when the sun rises early and sets late — and marks the official end of spring. Today in New York City, the sun rose at 5:25 am and will set a whole fourteen hours later at 8:30 pm, according to Steve Beyer of The Hayden Planetarium.
Most Popular News
- Jeremiah Heaton Claimed Small Piece Of African Desert To Make His Daughter A Princess
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Chris Hemsworth Films Scenes As Thor For 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'
- 'Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes' Review Roundup: Critics Give Sequel Top Marks
- Zoe Saldana Celebrates Birthday With Husband Marco Perego
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Lucy Hale On 'Pretty Little Liars,' Her New Album, Her Plan To Send Girls To Camp
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Nat Wolff On 'The Fault In Our Stars,' Ansel Elgort, John Green