Summer Solstice Celebrated With Google Doodle
Google welcomed summer today with a special, summer solstice Google Doodle. Google, famous for playing with their homepage by changing the Google logo above the search box, is celebrating the coming of the summer season with an animated image of five swimmers wearing Google colors bobbing in an ocean wave.
The Summer Solstice is known as the longest day of the year — when the sun rises early and sets late — and marks the official end of spring. Today in New York City, the sun rose at 5:25 am and will set a whole fourteen hours later at 8:30 pm, according to Steve Beyer of The Hayden Planetarium.
Most Popular News
- ‘NSYNC Reunites At 2013 MTV Video Music Awards With Justin Timberlake [VIDEO]
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Lisa Kudrow Ordered To Pay Former Manager Scott Howard $1.6 Million In Lawsuit
- April Fool's Day Tweets: Best Celeb Pranksters Hit Twitter
- Why Sia Doesn't Show Her Face
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Brenton Thwaites & Odeya Rush On 'The Giver,' Taylor Swift, Meryl Streep, Jeff Bridges
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jessica Chastain & Jess Weixler On 'The Disappearance Of Eleanor Rigby,' Being Best Friends