Stevie Nicks Coaches American Idol's Top Nine
A true living legend stopped by American Idol on Wednesday night's show to coach the nine hopeful remaining contestants — Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac was brought in by her former romantic partner and Idol mentor, Jimmy Iovine.
For her part, Nicks approved of Colton Dixon's trademark mohawk hairdo, and her nod toward his look seemed to give him the confidence to hit his rendition of "Everything" by Lifehouse out of the park. Steven Tyler called Dixon "a dream come true" for an American Idol judge.
Nicks sang backup for Skylar Laine's "Gunpowder and Lead" in rehearsals, though Laine's cover elicited an "over the top" message from Tyler, though Randy Jackson and Jennifer Lopez were big fans. Heejun Han redeemed himself somewhat with his rendition of Leon Russell's "A Song for You." Ditto for Hollie Cavanaugh, whose performance of Carrie Underwood's "Jesus, Take the Wheel" was proclaimed one of her best by Lopez. Deandre Brackensick benefited from Nicks' coaching of Eric Benet's "Sometimes I Cry," which Tyler called "100 percent passion."
Perhaps the highlight of the evening, however, came when Dixon, Elise Testone, and rapidly emerging favorite Phillip Phillips did a tribute medley of Nicks' songs, including "Edge of Seventeen," "Don't Stop," and the iconic "Landslide."
See who gets eliminated Thursday at 8 p.m. on Fox.
You might also like:
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Cassadee Pope Performs ‘Wasting All These Tears’ On ‘The Voice’ [VIDEO]
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent