Steven Spielberg Headlines Competition Jury For 2013 Cannes Film Festival
Stephen Spielberg, Ang Lee, Nicole Kidman and Christoph Waltz headline the list of esteemed directors and actors on the competition jury for the 66th Cannes Film Festival. Spielberg, who is serving as president, and Lee will be joined by fellow directors Cristian Mungiu (2007 Palme d’Or for 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days), Lynne Ramsay (We Need to Talk About Kevin) and Naomi Kawase. The other actors on the panel include Daniel Auteuil and Vidya Balan.
The Cannes Film Festival will run from May 15-26, and kicks off with a screening (out of competition) of The Great Gatsby, which opens May 10 in the U.S. and stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire.
A number of other promising movies will be competing for the Palme d’Or:
Only God Forgives, directed by Nicolas Winding Refn and starring Ryan Gosling,
Inside Llewyn Davis, directed by the Coen brothers, Ethan and Joel, and starring Oscar Isaac, Carey Mulligan and Justin Timberlake,
and Behind the Candelabra, directed by Steven Soderbergh and starring Matt Damon and Michael Douglas.
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- 'Grey'¬ôs Anatomy': Season 11 Spoilers From Shonda Rhimes
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
- Pat Summerall, Iconic NFL Announcer, Dies At 82
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana