Sports Announcer Bob Costas Disses NBC On 'Conan'
NBC Sportscaster Bob Costas, 60, might have served as the lead host for the 2012 London Olympics, but he proved on Thursday night that he isn't afraid to make a few harmless jabs at his NBC higher-ups — which may or may not work in his favor, as NBC hasn't shown much of a history of a sense of humor.
There's been a plethora of criticism about NBC's overall coverage of the Olympics, which included spoilers due to the time difference, and Costas was eager to add his two cents on Conan O'Brien's late night TBS show, Conan, now a month later. "I thought we were doing well heading to the finish line," he said of the closing ceremonies, when NBC infamously cut coverage of The Who's performance to air a sneak preview of Animal Practice, showing a monkey perform a gymnastics routine.
"NBC decides at that moment they should provide America with a sneak preview of Animal Practice, and then come back an hour later ... and check in on The Who!" Costas marveled in the most sardonic tone his even-keeled voice could muster. "So here is the balance NBC has to consider: The Who — Animal Practice; Roger Daltrey, Pete Townshend — monkey in a lab coat."
Costas wrapped it all up by obliquely referring to O'Brien's legendary feud with NBC. "I'm sure you'd be the first to attest, Conan, that when it comes to the tough calls, NBC usually gets 'em right."
O'Brien laughed and shook his head in appreciation. "You're the best guest ever," he said.
Watch Bob Costa take a jab at NBC here:
Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App For Daily News Updates here.
For more on Conan O'Brien and the 2012 London Olympics:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV