SPOILERS: 'Star Trek 2' To Feature Klingons
After months of radio silence from director J. J. Abrams regarding details of Star Trek 2, the sequel to 2009's widely praised reboot, now all of a sudden there's a deluge of new details. Filming will begin in January with all of the main cast returning, including Zachary Quinto, Chris Pine, Anton Yelchin and Zoe Saldana, MTV.com reports.
Wait, there's more! Klingons will play a prominent role in the sequel as a nomadic set of warriors causing trouble for the Federation, Think McFly Think reports, though this has not been confirmed by Abrams' tight-lipped camp. Also, they say there will be no Khan in Star Trek 2.
As the script gets a final edit by writers Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof, Abrams is reportedly reusing the Enterprise set from the first film and doing most of the work in a Los Angeles sound studio, though he is on the hunt for a "jungle planet" — which may signal a return to Hawaii for the Lost creator.
There has been speculation that Oscar-winning actor Benicio Del Toro will play a villain in the film, but that has not yet been confirmed.
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV