SPOILERS: Rescue Me Airs Cliffhanger Before Series Finale
The days are counting down to the series finale of the formidably successfully and critically acclaimed Rescue Me on FX, and the show is going out with a bang.
In the Shakespearean tradition of ending comedies with a wedding and tragedies with a death, it appears that Rescue Me, neither tragedy nor comedy through-and-through, will do both. In Wednesday night's penultimate episode to the final goodbye, Denis Leary's Tommy Gavin ushered — or tried to usher — his daughter, Colleen (Natalie Distler), down the aisle at her wedding.
The wedding was filled with about as many blunders, drunkards, and risque one-liners as anyone could expect to see at an actual wedding, but, not surprisingly, it was all leading up to the moment of truth. Or, at least the moment of thrililng suspense that keeps us waiting for next week. That came when a massive explosion blew the roof of the burning building that Tommy and his firefighting cronies were in. Tommy and his friend Lou shared a knowing glance, and then BOOM!. Cue credits.
Speculation about who will be injured — or killed — is circulating online. With the season finale upon us, all bets are off. They can do whatever they want; they've got only their reputation to lose.
Watch a promo of the series finale, airing on FX September 7, here:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV