SPOILERS: 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire': Who Should Play Finnick And Beetee?
If you're a Suzanne Collins fan, or you enjoyed the film adaptation of the first Hunger Games novel, which hit theaters in March, directed by Gary Ross and starring Jennifer Lawrence (Katniss Everdeen), Liam Hemsworth (Gale Hawthorne), Josh Hutcherson (Peeta Mellark), Elizabeth Banks, (Effie Trinket), Wes Bentley (Seneca Crane) Lenny Kravitz (Cinna), Woody Harrelson (Haymitch Abernathy), Donald Sutherland (President Snow), and Stanley Tucci (Caesar Flickerman), then you'll be interested to know that the "gamemakers" of the next movie, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, are narrowing down their options for who will play the pivotal roles of Mags, Finnick and Beetee, all of whom will compete in the 75th annual Hunger Games.
The primary name being batted around to play the handsome champion Finnick Odair is Sam Claflin, according to EW, who also played in Snow White and the Huntsman alongside Chris Hemsworth, Charlize Theron and Kristen Stewart, and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides with Johnny Depp.
As for the intellectual, aging Beetee, Monk's Tony Shalhoub is a favorite. It is also being tossed around that, despite speculation that The Fighter's Melissa Leo would be cast in the role of Mags, that Leo was not offered the part. The only casting decision that has been confirmed in the past few weeks (when Philip Seymour Hoffman was confirmed as gamemaker Plutarch Heavensbee, as was Jenna Malone for Johanna Mason), is that Pulp Fiction's Amanda Plummer will step into the shoes of District 3's Wiress.
For more on The Hunger Games and Catching Fire:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV