SPOILER: Cast Of 'Super 8' Addresses Rumors About The Film
There has been rampant speculation about the new J.J. Abrams' directed film, Super 8, set to hit theaters this weekend. Much like Abrams' last big-screen thriller, Cloverfield, people are dying to find out who, or what, the central monster in the film is.
Like most of the Lost creator's projects, there is an air of mystery surrounding the entire production, which is a period sci-fi thriller set in the 1970s, involving a train wreck in rural Ohio. Other than a few teasers and a cryptic trailer that never shows the "monster," Super 8, which was produced by Steven Spielberg, has maintained an impressive level of secrecy.
As for the cast, they've heard it all. "I've seen on IMDb that a lot of people thought it was a giant lion," Zach Mills, who plays Preston in the film, told MTV. "I don't know why. That's the craziest thing I've heard."
So it's not a lion. But neither does it have anything to do with creatures of the canine variety. Ryan Lee, who plays Cary, said he spoke with people who "[think] that the thing has a dog fetish. That's the funniest thing somebody has said to me about the mystery of the movie. They think that thing is hoarding a dog in its train, I guess."
One of the more practical guesses puts the film in the context of Abrams' previous work. Some people suggested the movie, which also features young stars Joel Courtney and Elle Fanning, might turn out to be a prequel of the similarly themed Cloverfield. Abrams, however, nipped that in the bud, assuring that the film has "nothing whatsoever to do with Cloverfield," according to New York Magazine.
Audiences won't have to wait long to find out. Paramount Pictures, the film's production studio, has just announced that it has teamed up with Twitter to direct people to special sneak peeks of the movie that will show on 300 screens across the country tonight — one day before the original release date. The studio will send people to #Super8Secret, which will allow them to buy tickets for tonight's "secret" screenings.
Watch the trailer here:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV