SPLIT: Zooey Deschanel And Husband Break Up
Kim Kardashian may have everyone's attetion, but she doesn't have a monopoly on divorce. Hipster dream girl Zooey Deschanel, 31, is splitting from her husband of Death Cab for Cutie frontman Ben Gibbard, 35, after two years of marriage. "It was mutual and amicable," Deschanel's rep told Us Weekly. "There was no third party involved."
The New Girl actress got married to the indie rocker near Seattle in late September 2009. They were brought together by their mutual music manager (Deschanel is also a singer for the band She & Him).
Deschanel described the relationship as difficult but functional in July. "You still have to make a commitment and think about that commitment every day," she told iVillage. "It’s not like you get married and then all the work is done for you. You get married and you’re still in a relationship and you’re still doing your best to make it the best relationship you can."
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV