'SNL' Spoofs Bloomberg's Sign Language Interpretor, Lydia Callis
The show’s cold open featured longtime cast member Fred Armisen as Mayor Bloomberg addressing viewers from a mock press conference. By his side was his trusty sign language interpreter, Callis (Cecily Strong). As Armisen spoke, Strong gave Callis her typical lively facial expressions, but then added her own comedic twist. When firefighters were mentioned she motioned like she was manning a giant hose, and when Armisen-as-Bloomberg joked that he would arrest President Barack Obama if he brought his motorcade to New York, Strong-as-Callis mimed like she was being handcuffed and taken away by police.
SNL then spiced things up by giving New Jersey Governor Chris Christie (Bobby Moynihan) his own sign language interpreter, “Roxy Affucinelli,” played by Nasim Pedrad. “Affucinelli” had blown out air and was obnoxiously chewing gum as she matched Moynihan-as-Christie’s tough New Jersey swagger with her own physical iterations, puffing out her chest and pursing her lips as she gave every phrase an arrogant brush of the hand.
Check out the full video below and decide for yourself how you feel about the sketch:
For more like this:
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango