Singer Frank Ocean Opens Up About His Sexuality
R&B singer Frank Ocean, 24, since eliciting speculation about his sexuality with some of the content in his upcoming album, Channel Orange, has revealed that his first love was a man. The event follows closely on the heels of CNN's Anderson Cooper's long, confessional email admitting that he's gay.
"4 summers ago, I met somebody," the critically acclaimed singer, Ocean, who started his career writing for such artists as John Legend, Justin Bieber and Brandy and Beyonce Knowles, revealed on his Tumblr account. "I was 19 years old. He was too. We spent that summer, and the summer after, together. Every day almost. And on the days we were together, time would glide. Most of the day I'd see him, and his smile," wrote Ocean, who was first lauded for his debut mixtape, Nostalgia, Ultrla, which included the singles "Novacane" and "Swim Good," before being discovered by the likes of Kanye West and Jay-Z.
Ocean, who also performed in the 2012 lineup at Coachella, went on to reveal that he developed feelings for the man. "Sleep I would often share with him. By the time I realized I was in love, it was malignant. It was hopeless. There was no negotiating to the women I had been with, the ones I cared for and thought I was in love with.
Though Ocean's object of desire didn't face his own feelings, "for another 3 years," according to Ocean, the Odd Future member has decided to stay true to his own feelings. "I don't have any secrets I need kept anymore ... I was never alone, as much as I felt like it. As much as I still do sometimes. I never was. I don't think I ever could be. Thanks. To my first love, I'm grateful to you," Ocean wrote.
Channel Orange will be released on July 17.
For more like this:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV