Simon Baker: I Knew Nothing About Finance
Simon Baker, 42, may star in the new critically acclaimed Margin Call about the financial crisis, but he had to rely on research to brush up for the role.
"I pretty much have my head in the sand when it comes to the financial world, so I had a very steep learning curve," he said in an exclusive with Uinterview.com. "I did spend a bit of time with some people that had worked on Wall Street and were around during that time, and I just sat and chatted with them, getting more of an understanding of the different personalities that exist in the world and how cutthroat the business is and how, in some instances, where there is chaos, certain people thrive."
Baker was also excited to work with the all-star cast, which includes Demi Moore, Paul Bettany, Mary McDonnell, Penn Badgley, Zachary Quinto, Jeremy Irons, Stanley Tucci and Kevin Spacey. It was the second time Spacey and Baker were teamed up on a film, having first worked together in 1997's iconic L.A. Confidential, which was the native Aussie's first role in America.
When you're not watching Baker portray a financial wizard in Margin Call, you can catch him Thursday nights at 10 p.m. on CBS's The Mentalist.
Click here to watch the video.
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV