Sigourney Weaver Confirms James Cameron 'Avatar' Sequels
Back in May, acclaimed director James Cameron teased his plans to get behind more than one sequel to his Oscar-winning 2009 film, Avatar, starring Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver, Michelle Rodriguez and Giovanni Ribisi.
"I'm in the Avatar business. Period," Cameron said at the time about his future plans. And now Weaver is confirming that Cameron is planning to shoot Avatar 2, Avatar 3, and Avatar 4 consecutively and very soon, according to Showbiz411.com.
Furthermore, Weaver, whose character, Grace, died in the first Avatar, has revealed that she will return for Cameron's next Avatar films. According to Weaver, she will just "show up" for Cameron whenever he calls upon her, reports The Huffington Post.
While that confuses some, Cameron defended Weaver's involvement late last year by joking, "Have you ever heard of nonlinear storytelling? A lot happens on that planet before she shows up, and before Jake (Worthington) shows up to join her. She's there for fifteen years ahead of time," Cameron told Vulture.
For more on James Cameron and Avatar:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV