Sheila MacRae, 'Honeymooners' Actress, Dies At 93
Sheila MacRae, the actress who played Alice Kramden in The Honeymooners TV reboot, died on Friday. She was 93.
Sheila MacRae Dies
MacRae passed away at the Lillian Booth Actors Home in Englewood, N.J., according to Variety.
From 1966 to 1970, MacRae played Alice – wife to Jackie Gleason’s Ralph Kramden – on The Jackie Gleason Show. MacRae had taken over the role of Alice from Audrey Meadows.
MacRae, who briefly had her own television show, also made TV appearances on I Love Lucy, General Hospital, The Love Boat and Murder, She Wrote. In addition to her acting work, MacRae proved herself to be a talented singer and dancer
In 1941, MacRae married Oklahoma! actor Gordon MacRae, with whom she had four children. Her daughter Meredith MacRae, who starred in Petticoat Junction, predeceased her in 2000 after a battle with brain cancer.
– Chelsea Regan
Most Popular News
- Jeremiah Heaton Claimed Small Piece Of African Desert To Make His Daughter A Princess
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- 'Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes' Review Roundup: Critics Give Sequel Top Marks
- Chris Hemsworth Films Scenes As Thor For 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'
- Tom Hardy Shoots Scenes For 'Legend'
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Lucy Hale On 'Pretty Little Liars,' Her New Album, Her Plan To Send Girls To Camp
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'