Sheila MacRae, 'Honeymooners' Actress, Dies At 93
Sheila MacRae, the actress who played Alice Kramden in The Honeymooners TV reboot, died on Friday. She was 93.
Sheila MacRae Dies
MacRae passed away at the Lillian Booth Actors Home in Englewood, N.J., according to Variety.
From 1966 to 1970, MacRae played Alice – wife to Jackie Gleason’s Ralph Kramden – on The Jackie Gleason Show. MacRae had taken over the role of Alice from Audrey Meadows.
MacRae, who briefly had her own television show, also made TV appearances on I Love Lucy, General Hospital, The Love Boat and Murder, She Wrote. In addition to her acting work, MacRae proved herself to be a talented singer and dancer
In 1941, MacRae married Oklahoma! actor Gordon MacRae, with whom she had four children. Her daughter Meredith MacRae, who starred in Petticoat Junction, predeceased her in 2000 after a battle with brain cancer.
– Chelsea Regan
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Lisa Kudrow Ordered To Pay Former Manager Scott Howard $1.6 Million In Lawsuit
- April Fool's Day Tweets: Best Celeb Pranksters Hit Twitter
- ‘NSYNC Reunites At 2013 MTV Video Music Awards With Justin Timberlake [VIDEO]
- Howard Stern Delivers Eulogy At Joan Rivers' Funeral, Starts With Dirty Joke
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Brenton Thwaites & Odeya Rush On 'The Giver,' Taylor Swift, Meryl Streep, Jeff Bridges