Sharon Needles Crowned Queen On 'Rupaul's Drag Race'
Season Four of Logo's RuPaul's Drag Race pitted the ultimate winner against some stiff competition from Chad Michaels and Phi Phi O'Hara, but "drag racer" Sharon Needles, 30, beat them both out, it was revealed during Monday night's reunion episode of RuPaul's Drag Race, when RuPaul honored Needles with the title America's Next Drag Superstar.
The final contestants were kept in the dark about who would win until the reunion episode was aired, reports EW. Each of them — Michaels, O'Hara, and Needles taped an alternate ending in which she had been the winner. The subterfuge is not something that fazed ultimate RuPaul's Drag Race winner Needles, however. "Being a drag queen is all about pulling out the stops and freaking them out," Needles told the magazine. "With Season 4, it really was the season of teasers and shockers and, you know, just constantly asking the audience to expect the unexpected."
According to Needles, her victory as America's Next Drag Superstar was "unexpected" even for her. "I thought I was going to be hammy, funny, kind of punk and then go home second or third," she told TheInsider.com.
But it's exactly the way it should be. "I don't like poise and perfection. I don't care about backflips or fishy faces. I like drag queens who make a mess or a big scene. I'm constantly trying to make you laugh, or boo or feel offended. That's my kind of drag. When I said that, what I meant is that I am the mascot for outsider transgressional artists. But that just doesn't sound as good as, 'I'm the Future of Drag!'" she said.
RuPaul will return to Logo with Season Five of RuPaul's Drag Race in early 2013.
You might also like:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV