Shakira And Usher To Replace Christina Aguilera And Cee Lo On 'The Voice'
Even though The Voice aired last night to its usual formidable ratings, up 10 percent with 13.4 million viewers, NBC is still looking to introduce some new blood to its hit reality competition — pop superstars Shakira and Usher will reportedly be joining the season four coaches. But, on a show that already feels glutted with judges, currently featuring Adam Levine, Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green and Blake Shelton, someone's gotta go. So Christina and Cee Lo will be bidding adieu for the fourth cycle in the spring ... but only temporarily.
It seems like the decision to temporarily replace Aguilera and Green is actually a mutually beneficial one, reports E! Online, partly motivated by The Voice's plans to build up a vast resource of coaches that interchangably participate on the show. The musicians will then get to pursue their other obligations — such as touring — while the network gets to trial run new faces. "Doing two back-to-back cycles of this show requires a tremendous amount of time, and we are happy to accommodate the commitments made by Christina and Cee Lo," said NBC Entertainment chair Robert Greenblatt. "The participants on our show benefit from our coaches' expertise and their continued success in the music business allows for significant new contributions to the contestants when they return."
Therefore, Aguilera and Green are, at this point, expected to return to The Voice for season five, but, as demonstrated by the revolving door theory that other reality competitions have adopted, all's fair in love, war and reality television.
During their hiatuses, Aguilera will go on tour to promote her new album, and Green will work on new music, plus a scripted comedy series for NBC, reports Entertainment Weekly. Green and Aguilera had only positive things to say about the arrangements, including the introduction of Shakira and Usher. "I will return for season five and will be watching season four," Green said in a statement. "NBC is home and as far as Usher and Shakira are concerned — mi casa su casa.'"
The Voice airs Mondays and Tuesdays at 8 p.m. EST on NBC.
Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App For Daily News Updates here.
For more like this:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Abercrombie & Fitch Apologizes For CEO Mike Jeffries' Comments
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4 Filming
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan Attend 'The Great Gatsby' Premiere At Cannes
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV