loading...

October 31, 2014

  1. Register

Join Our Mailing list

Submit

News

Shain Gandee Likely Died Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, MTV Suspends ‘Buckwild’ Production

Shain Gandee Likely Died Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, MTV Suspends ‘Buckwild’ Production

04/02/2013

Shain Gandee, the late star of MTV’s Buckwild, likely died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. Due to his death, MTV has stalled production for the reality show based in Sissonville, W. Va.

Gandee’s Ford Bronco got stuck in the mud while he, his uncle David Gandee and Donald Robert Myers had been four wheeling on West Virginia back roads after a night at a local bar. Mud clogged the exhaust pipe, causing the harmful toxins to fill the SUV.

"Foul play has been ruled out," Kanawha County Commissioner Kent Carper of West Virginia told People. "Carbon monoxide poisoning is the likely probable cause of death, pending official results from the state of West Virginia medical examiner's office. State law requires an autopsy."

On the Facebook page for Gandee’s General Store, a family member posted a message on behalf of the Gandees. “The family feels that Shain died peacefully in his sleep without pain or suffering,” the message said. “They are making arrangement now for his funeral. Nothing is confirmed but they are thinking Saturday. So private or public hasn’t been decided.”

Meanwhile, MTV has suspended production on Buckwild’s second season. The reality show that was meant to fill the void of Jersey Shore had been renewed after averaging 3 million viewers in its debut season.

Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App For Daily News Updates here.

Get the FREE Uinterview iPad app here and watch our videos anywhere.

Read more: Buckwild, Shain Gandee, Deaths

Comments

There are no comments.

To comment on this article login or register.

Post