Serena Williams Recovering From Blood Clot
Tennis star Serena Williams, 29, was living it up at Elton John's post-Oscar bash Sunday night, but she was admitted to L.A.'s Cedars Sinai Medical Center the next day for emergency treatment on a hematoma in her lungs.
Williams had been treated for a pulmonary embolism last week, reports People. Nicole Chabot, a spokesperson for the tennis player, said that Monday's hematoma was the "result of treatment for a more critical situation .... She had been in New York for doctor appointments for the ongoing issues with her foot."
Williams chimed in on her condition on her Twitter account Tuesday night. "Tough day," she tweeted. She is set to return to training this season and compete in the Sony Ericsson Open in Key Biscayne in late March. Tournament director Adam Barrett told the Miami Herald that he doesn't expect her to play. —KIMBERLY STEELE
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV