Seattle Seahawks Beat Green Bay Packers In Controversial Disputed Call
The Seattle Seahawks' won against the Green Bay Packers on Monday Night Football in a bizarre disputed call that had Packers fans reeling and replacement officials fending off an entire weekend of criticism.
Just as the clock ran out, Seattle's Russell Wilson threw a 24-yard pass to teammate Golden Tate in the end zone, who pushed Green Bay's Sam Shields away and then wrestled M.D. Jennings (pictured) for the ball. On the field, the play was ruled a touchdown for the Seahawks and, after a 10-minute review, the teams were called back to the field, where referee Wayne Elliott declared that the ruling was sound.
While the Packers maintained that the play was an interception — a decision that would have won the game for them — it was declared a touchdown, leaving a final score of 14-12 for the Seahawks. The replacement officials have had their share of harsh criticism this weekend, following a series of disputed calls that have NFL coaches and players livid, and even football greats like NFL Hall of Famer Troy Aikman tweeting, "These games are a joke."
Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App For Daily News Updates here.
For more like this:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV