Sean Penn Got 'Taken' In Divorce
While actor Sean Penn, 50, is eager to talk about his humanitarian efforts following the disastrous earthquake in Haiti, he's usually more tight-lipped about his personal life.
A lot of his humanitarian work in 2010 was made possible by his relatively open schedule. "I didn't have commitments, except for way in the future; I had nothing pressing," Penn told The Hollywood Reporter. Things might be changing for the two-time Oscar winner, since his divorce from actress Robin Wright was finalized last July. "I got practical issues, like everybody .... I had just got taken for one half of everything I had in the divorce, so it's not like I don't have to work," he said in an uncharacteristic moment of exposure.
Though ex-wife Wright has expressed that she has "no regrets," Penn seems more conflicted. "She is a ghost to me now," he said of his ex-wife in last summer's Vanity Fair. Penn's biggest regret, however, is his increased distance from his children, Dylan, 19, and Hopper, 17. "A much more profound change in life for me personally was not being able to raise my son in a whole family through high school," he said. —KIMBERLY STEELE
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV