Sarah Silverman Extends Unusual Offer To Mitt Romney Supporter On Barack Obama's Behalf
Sarah Silverman, 41, a comedian and vocal Barack Obama supporter, has a unique way of raising money for the President's re-election campaign. Silverman, acknowledging that funds for the Mitt Romney campaign will far exceed those for Obama, due to massive donations Romney is receiving from several billionaires, is going straight to the source — in this case, billionaire casino magnate Sheldon Adelson, 78, who committed $100 million to Romney's campaign.
Silverman, in support of her Obama, says that she will "scissor" Adelson while wearing a bikini if he gives the funds to President Obama instead of Romney, reports the Huffington Post. Silverman extends the offer in a video she posted to ScissorSheldon.com, a site she created and dedicated to the unusual cause.
"Do you know how many Republican billionaires are giving money to Romney," Silverman says in the video, addressing Adelson. "All of them. How many of them are getting scissored by a bikini-bottomed Jewess with big naturals?" she asked, "How many, Sheldon? You'll be the only elderly billionaire on the block to have traditional lesbian sex through to climax with a girl who had her own show on Comedy Central," Silverman says, smiling broadly, before she demonstrates.
The site isn't all just fun and off-color jokes, however. Silverman also posts a petition asking Romney to stop accepting Adelson's funds. "Billionaires are giving Romney a record-breaking amount of money for this campaign," the petition says. "One of these men, 78-year-old casino magnate Sheldon Adelson, has committed to giving 100 million dollars to Romney. Adelson is the same man who stopped backing AIPAC for supporting aid to the Palestinians, freely mocked Obama at a Birthright event, and who Republican Senator John McCain suggests is bringing foreign money into American elections.
Adelson has said "he will do whatever it takes" to defeat President Obama. American Jews overwhelmingly reject both Mr. Adelson's views and his outsized role in this election. Tell Mitt Romney to reject Sheldon Adelson’s support. Sign this petition to keep Adelson’s money out of politics."
For more on Sarah Silverman and President Obama:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV