Sarah Palin, John McCain React To 'Game Change'
Though many are arguing that Game Change, the film that premiered on HBO over the weekend about the McCain-Palin campaign of 2008, actually might have helped Sarah Palin's image, it seems that the former Alaskan governor hasn't gotten the memo.
Palin, who had previously condemned Game Change — starring Julianne Moore as her and Ed Harris as John McCain — as a "false narrative," admitted to not watching the film, assuring that she was "not concerned about an HBO movie ... when there are so many other things to be concerned about," reports Fox News.
"I believe my family has the right priorities and knows what really matters," she also told ABC. "For instance, our son called from Afghanistan yesterday and he sounded good, and that's what matters. Being in the good graces of Hollywood's 'Team Obama' isn't top of my list."
McCain also took umbrage at the film's portrayal of him during the campaign, though he also didn't see it. "I have been told that I am portrayed as using an exceeding amount of coarse language," he told Fox. "I don't use coarse language very often. I have a larger vocabulary than that."
McCain also denies that he chose Palin as a running mate primarily because she was a woman. "I thought that she was best qualified," he maintains. "I admire and respect her and proud of our campaign. I'm grateful that she ran with me and I will always be proud of what we did and humbled by the fact that I was able to get the nomination of the Republican Party of the United States."
So what about the accuracy of Game Change, which was based on the book of the same name by journalists John Heilemann and Mark Halperin? Former Republican strategist Nicolle Wallace, who was one of the top advisers for the Palin campaign, calls the movie "true enough to make me squirm."
Watch a clip about the movie here:
Check out these related stories:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV