Ryan Reynolds Strips Down For Green Lantern Special Effects
Ever wonder how they pull off all that CGI in a movie like The Green Lantern? According to Ryan Reynolds, it takes falling on your face a few times — and, by the looks of things, being pretty comfortable undressing in front of strangers.
Reynolds said going above and beyond for the superhero role was all in a day's work. "I was very fortunate to be given a great deal of prep for this movie, so I just cleared my schedule for, like, eight or nine months and worked primarily on just getting ready for the role," Reynolds said in behind-the-scenes footage featured on the film's Blu-ray/DVD (via E! News).
Reynolds' hard work was made doubly hard by the fact that while the crew got to go home every night and feast and be merry, the actor was on a six-day-a-week workout regimen. "[I had to do] weight lifting and all that garbage that actors like to romanticize in interviews such as this one," he said.
Being a tall guy also came with a few added challenges. "A lot of gymnastics, which is something I don't necessarily recommend to anyone over 6 feet," he said. "I fell on my face a whole lot of times before I started to land some of those crazy moves."
Watch the clip here:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV