Rutina Wesley, 'True Blood' Star, Files For Divorce From Jacob Fishel
Rutina Wesley, who plays Tara on HBO’s True Blood, filed for divorce from her husband of eight years, actor Jacob Fishel, last week.
Wesley cited “irreconcilable differences” in her divorce filing, according to the Los Angeles Country Superior Court documents. Furthermore, she asked that she not be required to pay Fishel any spousal support. Since the couple never had children together, custody and child support were not factors in the filing.
Wesley and Fishel met while they were both students at The Julliard School in New York City. They married in 2005.
"We were in the same class at Julliard. We thought, 'If we could spend four years together at this crazy school, then we can make it the rest of our lives,” Wesley told Essence magazine back in 2010. He's an amazing actor, cook and husband. I enjoy him immensely."
Rutina Wesley as Tara in 'True Blood'
During True Blood’s season finale on Sunday, Wesley’s character Tara makes up with her mother in a disconcerting scene where the mother insists she feed from her after apologizing for not feeding her as a child. Some fear that when True Blood returns for its seventh season, it’ll be revealed that her mother infected her with the Hep V virus.
Fishel has guest starred on a number of TV series, including Numbers and Medium. He last appeared in 2009 feature How I Got Lost with Rosemarie DeWitt.
– Chelsea Regan
For More 'True Blood' News:
'True Blood' Recap: Eric Gets Caught In The Sun; Sookie And Alcide Are Dating And Hep V Is Spreading
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango