’24,’ Kiefer Sutherland Could Return To Fox For Final Season
24, the hit TV series starring Kiefer Sutherland as hero Jack Bauer, might be heading back to its prime time spot on Fox, according to E! News.
Fox has yet to confirm the news, but E!’s sources avow that the revival is a certainty, and will return Sutherland for the limited run.
After eight successful seasons, 24 went off the air in 2010. Howard Gordon, former 24 showrunner and current executive producer for Showtime’s Homeland, is reportedly the one who pitched the idea of one more final season of 24. The idea for the revival final season is likely a response to the failed plan to create a 24 movie. According to 20th Century Fox, those plans were tossed out “due to time. Budget, salaries, etc. were never set,” in March of 2012.
Now seems like the perfect time to make the 9th season of 24. The show’s star, Sutherland, is free – at least for now – as his latest series, Touch, was just canceled by Fox. Fox, however, is determined to be tightlipped about Sutherland’s next move, telling E! News, "We aren't confirming anything until Monday at our upfront presentation."
Will Jack Bauer return to save the world?
Most Popular News
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Lourdes Leon Hits The Beach In A Bikini
- 'War Machine' Jon Koppenhaver, Goes On Twitter Rant Following Alleged Beating Of Girlfriend, Christy Mack
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Tony Stewart Crash Update: New Video Surfaces Of Wreck That Killed Kevin Ward Jr.
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen