Rod Stewart, Penny Lancaster Split For 2 Weeks
Rod Stewart has revealed that he and wife Penny Lancaster took a two-week break from their marriage following an intense fight.
Stewart opened up about the temporary split in an interview with Australian magazine Life. He stated that the brief separation inspired one of the tracks on his newest album. "I cover Tom Waits' "Picture In A Frame." Penny and I broke up for two weeks and the song is about that time,” he revealed.
"I asked her for a photo of herself in a frame so that I could see her when I went to bed and when I woke up. I have taken a lot of risks when it comes to relationships but I have never gambled or smoked - women don't like that. You have to take the good with the bad, and women prefer you when you're truthful."
The musician married Marshall, a 42-year-old model and photographer, in 2007 after the pair had dated for eight years. They have two sons together. Stewart has been married twice before in the past. His first marriage was with Alana Hamilton, the ex-wife of actor George Hamilton, and his second was to model Rachel Hunter. Besides his two children with Marshall he has 6 others by four different women.
“I have always loved women, won some, lost some, but it's not about the magic touch, it's about being a better person and a good listener,” Stewart told Life.
"I met Penny in my 50s and if I had not learnt by that point I was never going to."
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Simon Cowell Walks His Two Dogs Shirtless
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango