VIDEO: Robert Pattinson Gives First Interview Since Kristen Stewart's Infidelity
Twilight heartthrob Robert Pattinson guest starred on The Daily Show last night in his first appearance since news broke of ex-girlfriend Kristen Stewart’s infidelity — and Jon Stewart did the only thing one can do in such situations: console him with Ben & Jerry’s and lend him an ear. "OK, let's just do this," host Stewart said. "Now, we're just a couple of gals talking. Tell me everything." Not that Pattinson disclosed much about the break-up or Kristen’s indiscretion with Snow White & The Huntsman director Rupert Sanders, as he insisted that he had no intention of discussing the scandal while promoting his new film Cosmopolis. But a smiling Pattinson did show the world that he won’t be moping forever. “It was very important that Rob look terrific Monday,” a source told the Chicago Sun-Times. “He needed to show the world that he’s doing OK, despite what obviously has been an emotionally wrenching event in his personal life.”
To that end, the Gucci-clad Pattinson glided through his interview, offering laughs and lighthearted banter that kept the conversation deliberately away from the burning question. “As witty and charming as ever,” E!News described Pattinson, who revealed that he had a joke prepared but didn’t have the chance to deliver it. When Stewart presented him a spoon and a shoulder to cry on, Pattinson coolly deflected, saying: "I'm trying to avoid eating this, I'm going to split my Spanx.” But Pattinson did confess one grievance that had been plaguing him. "My biggest problem in my life is I'm cheap, and I didn't hire a publicist," Pattinson admitted. "I'm going to hire a publicist," Pattinson concluded.
Stewart generally skirted around the issue as well, although he did offer some final comforting words before eventually moving on to discuss Pattinson’s anticipated Cosmopolis. "When you are young and you break up, it's powerful and it feels like the world is ending. This is the first time I have seen the world actually react that way. It's insanity,” Stewart said. “Here is my wish for you, that you get to handle your business in private, in your personal life, and I wish you all the best."
Watch the interview here:
For more on Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV