Rihanna Gets Personal About Her Body Image And Fashion Sense
In only a few short months, Rihanna will make her film debut in Peter Berg's Battleship. To hold her own amidst a slew of powerful weapons as fiesty naval office Cora Baikes, the singer had to tone up, and sweated it out with a personal trainer prior to filming. All that hard work has paid off, as Rihanna has landed the coveted role of Vogue cover girl for its April issue. Inside the photo spread and accompanying article, the double threat dished on filming, plus discussed learning to love her body and how she feels about being considered a style icon.
Surprisingly, the Barbadian beauty revealed her own struggles with body image, telling Vogue she only recently became comfortable with her curves. “Over the holidays, and even during filming, I realized that I actually like my body, even if it’s not perfect according to the book. I just feel sexy. For the first time, I don’t want to get rid of the curves. I just want to tone it up,” she said. “My body is comfortable, and it’s not unhealthy, so I’m going to rock with it.”
Known for her unique sense of style—fire engine red hair, leotards and a lack of pants—Rihanna revealed that it was a specific haircut that unleashed the fierce fashion beast within. “When I cut my hair, the whole sound changed, my style changed,” she said of her edgy pixie cut circa “Umbrella” and Good Girl Gone Bad in 2007. That style has continued to evolve. “It’s become more about taking a risk," Rihanna said. "When I am putting looks together, I dare myself to make something work. I always look for the most interesting silhouette or something that’s a little off, but I have to figure it out. I have to make it me. I think that’s the thrill in fashion.” —EMILY EXTON
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- ‘Man Of Steel’ Makes World Premiere In New York City
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone On The Lonely Island, 'The Wack Album'