Ricky Martin 'Can't Wait' For Tour
Ricky Martin, 39, is ready to live la vida loca again.
After a six-year hiatus from music, during which he famously came out of the closet as a "fortunate homosexual man," authored a bestselling book, and became the doting dad to twin boys who were born via surrogate, Martin is breaking back on the music scene with his new English / Spanish album, Music+Alama+Sex (Music+Soul+Sex), released Tuesday.
"I just can't wait to be back on stage," the Latin singer told Parade about his upcoming tour to promote the new album. "It's also gonna be time to relax, believe it or not, because after writing a book and releasing this album and spending years in the studio, I have the time to actually see the reaction of the audience."
Of course, there's more to Martin's world than music these days. His children have taught him "lessons about simplicity and unconditional love. I don't want to sound cliche, another father talking about unconditional love, but man, that's the way it is. You hear it all the time, but when you feel this other branch of love getting stronger every day, it's just amazing."
Things are very different for the pop star today than they were in the 90s when he made superstar status. "I was allowing myself to be seduced by my ego," he said of that time. "I just wanted to be on top of the world and be liked by everybody. But I don't regret a single moment." —KIMBERLY STEELE
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Cassadee Pope Performs ‘Wasting All These Tears’ On ‘The Voice’ [VIDEO]
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent