RECAP: 'True Blood' Turns Tara Into Fangtasia Bartender
Season 5 of HBO's True Blood continued Sunday with an episode entitled "Let's Boot and Rally." Picking up where last week left off, Sookie (Anna Paquin) is about to hook up (finally!) with Alcide (Joe Manganiello) but she's so drunk she pulls a freshman move and vomits all over his shoes — just in time for Eric and Bill (Alexander Skarsgard and Stephen Moyer) to show up, no less. "Alcide, you sure know how to treat a lady," Eric says in front of a humiliated Sookie.
From there, Eric and Bill ask Sookie to use her fairy mind powers to help their hunt for Russell Edgington, which gets sped up by an impatient Authority threatening to terminate them. After plenty of grumbling and howling (would you believe vampires and werewolves don't get along?), Eric, Bill, Sookie and Alcide are led to a scary, abandoned hospital, where they do in fact find Russell. Eric says they have arrived to finish what they started. Russell's response: "Give it your best shot."
Meanwhile, Jason Stackhouse (Ryan Kwanten) and Sherriff Bellefleur are still reeling from their visit to Fairy Land. For some reason, they wake up completely naked in their respective homes, but only after Jason has had a bizarre flashback / nightmare involving his dead parents and a pair of big boy pajamas. In the nightmare, his mom, with a bullet wound gushing blood, may or may not have offered him sex and/or a blowjob.
By far the most interesting development this episode was Tara taking on the role of bartender at her maker Pam's (Kristin Bauer van Straten) fang-banger bar, Fangtasia. Decked out in a glittery black corset and smokey eye makeup, Tara receives a rare compliment from Pam. "You actually look halfway decent," Pam tells her, but gets pissed when Tara starts to drink a human. "Listen close. I saved your f*ckin' life and lent you some truly exquisite clothes, but if you do anything to mess with Fangtasia, I will silver you and stick you in a coffin to rot until the next millennium," Pam says, and Tara agrees to be good. It helps, briefly, that Jessica shows up to give Tara the "It gets better" speech, but when Jess discovers Tara drinking fang-banger Hoyt in a bathroom stall, she and Tara do the vampire shuffle and try to kick each other's butts.
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV