RECAP: 'The Walking Dead' Surprises Viewers
In the zombie-filled, post-apocalyptic world of AMC's The Walking Dead, death lurks around every corner, but fans were shocked Sunday night to see death coming for one of the show's main characters — and not the one they were expecting.
So who did we say goodbye to? Surprisingly not Randall (Michael Zegen) who kicks off the episode being tortured by the vengeful Daryl (Norman Reedus). And not even Shane (Jon Bernthal), who will undoubtedly be facing his own demise sometime before the end of the season, as the Blu-ray release of Season 2 mistakenly revealed last week. Instead, it was Dale (Jeffrey DeMunn) who met his gruesome end, after having spent the entire episode as the only voice of compassion regarding Randall.
The installment, entitled "Judge, Jury, Executioner" dealt with the morality (or lack thereof?) of murdering the relatively innocent Randall, who the group of survivors believed to be mixed up in a band of locals waiting to take control of their haven on the farm.
The young Carl (Chandler Riggs) wanders off into the woods, where he encounters a zombie. After pelting it with some rocks, he considers killing it, until it breaks free from the detritus holding it back and charges him. The boy manages to escape back to the farm, where he finds his father Rick (Andrew Lincoln) about to pull the trigger on a gun he has firmly held to Randall's head. His son's presence is enough to keep Rick from going through with the execution.
Dale, however, isn't so lucky. He has set off strolling through the fields when he encounters Carl's zombie friend, who is still desperately unhappy about having rocks hurled at him. The creature attacks poor old Dale, disemboweling him in a graphic scene worthy of Walking Dead fans' bloodlust. Daryl approaches the horrific display and puts his gun to good use, putting Dale out of his misery.
As the moral compass of the show, Dale's departure is symbolic. His death has fans wondering what will become of our group as they push forward in their dark, zombie-infested world. Tune in Sunday, March 11 on AMC to find out.
Watch a clip here:
You might also like:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV