RECAP: 'The Legend Of Korra' Season Finale
When the Nickelodeon animated kids' series, The Legend of Korra, premiered in April as a sequel to the popular Avatar: The Last Airbender anime-inspired cartoon, it was taking the ratings risk of any sequel, while trying to maintin the sense of sophistication that gave Avatar; The Last Airbender its acclaim.
Twelve episodes later, The Legend of Korra, created by Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko and voiced by Janet Varney, J.K. Simmons, J.P. Byrne, David Faustino and Steve Blum, appears to have succeeded on both counts, as it was recently described as "the smartest cartoon on TV" by Wired.com. The two-part finale of The Legend of Korra, entitled "Skeletons in the Closet," and "Endgame," saw General Iroh and the United Forces sail right into a trap before attacking the equalist air base.
Korra finds out that Tarrlok is Amon's brother, and that they are both sons of the gangster Yakone, and Korra and Mako decide to capitalize on their new knowledge by exposing the ambiguous Amon. When Amon removes his V for Vendetta-style mask, however, he brings a new angle to their claims.
It has been confirmed that The Legend of Korra will return to Nickelodeon for a second fourteen-episode season.
For more on other animated features:
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Michael Keaton Suits Up For ‘Birdman’
- Cassadee Pope Performs ‘Wasting All These Tears’ On ‘The Voice’ [VIDEO]
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic