RECAP: 'Kourtney And Kim Take New York' Kicks Off Season 2
Kourtney and Kim Take New York returned to E! Sunday night, but a more appropriate title for the reality show season premiere would have been Kim and Kris Take on Marriage.
It was supposed to be Kourtney and Kim Kardashian's night as the reality show sisters returned to the airwaves, but Kim and Kris Humphries hijacked the show as viewers were given a glimpse into the couple's spectacularly disastrous 72-day marriage. “You're my wife now. It's going to take a lot to get rid of me,” Humphries tells Kim early in the show. It seems Humphries was intent on testing his theory as we watch a recap of the painful interactions between the newlyweds.
The show begins with news of the demise of the the couple's relationship, then skips back to eight weeks prior to show all the warning signs — and boy were there warning signs! The ink on the marriage certificate was barely dry before we began to see problems. The couple — who had never lived together before — land in New York and decide to share an apartment with sister Kourtney, her boyfriend Scott Disick and their son, Mason.
Kim is a “compulsive neat freak” according to Kourtney, and Humphries, it turns out, is a bit of a slob. “When I see a messy room, it literally ruins my day,” Kim stresses.The contradictory cleaning habits lead to conflicts, especially when Humphries begins to intentionally leave clothes on the floor to annoy Kim.
In addition to his wife, Humphries also has trouble interacting with Kourtney and Mason. Humphries isn't too keen on Kourtney's new holistic lifestyle and after he walks in on her naked yoga session in the living room he declares, “I can't live with Kourtney anymore.” Although Humphries earlier said he was excited to be Mason's uncle, he later finds that he doesn't have much patience when it comes to the toddler — who has a playroom ten feet from his bedroom door and tends to wake him up earlier than he would prefer.
Perhaps the most significant tensions between the couple come from Humphries' disinterest in Kim's professional life and his worries over his own career. He has no interest in Kim's welcome to New York party and leaves her to handle all the press at the event. “Everything in New York is screwing me up. I don't feel like I'm in my training element,” Humphries said.
By the end of the episode, Humphries tells Kim he is going back to Minnesota. Despite his earlier promise, it seems it didn't take much to get rid of him after all.
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV