RECAP: Gordon Ramsay Crowns A New MasterChef
The season two finale of Fox's Gordon Ramsay-led cooking competition, MasterChef, began with three chefs — Christian Collins, Jennifer Behm and Adrien Nieto — but ended with only one. After a dizzying three rounds of cooking, Jennifer, a former Miss Delaware, was named the winner, the second woman in as many seasons to nab the title.
The two-part episode kicked off with a mystery box challenge that required the three contestants to cook a dish with chicken in sixty minutes. Adrien's braised chicken thigh won out over Christian and Jennifer's matching bacon-wrapped chicken, which allowed Adrien the advantage in the elimination challenge. Christian was then sent packing due to his "visionless" veal with a vegetable medley and mashed potatoes, which was eclipsed by Adrien's pan-seared octopus and Jennifer's mushroom and egg ravioli.
The final cook-off asked both chefs to create a three course meal. While Adrien’s beer braised short ribs went over well with the judges, he got low marks for his chocolate torte dessert. Ultimately, Adrien's early lead and delectable ribs were no match for Jennifer’s seared scallops, stuffed quail and poached pears. In addition to being crowned MasterChef number two, Jennifer took home a cash prize of $250,000.
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Michael Keaton Suits Up For ‘Birdman’
- Cassadee Pope Performs ‘Wasting All These Tears’ On ‘The Voice’ [VIDEO]
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic