RECAP: 'Glee' Synchronizes Swimmers And Helen Mirren
After a month of waiting, Glee fans finally got to catch up with the McKinley High crew last night.
The episode opens with "Summer Nights" and Grease-style theatrical moment with Sam (Chord Overstreet) and Mercedes (Amber Riley) singing about their ill-fated summer romance.
No high school setting would be complete without romantic entanglements and, as always, Glee doesn't disappoint. We find out Becky has her eye on Artie, who is keen on Sugar. Meanwhile, Sam is set on getting a coveted McKInley High letterman jacket because — in Sam's mind, at least — girls (especially Mercedes) are crazy for a man in a letterman jacket.
We've been looking forward to Oscar winner Helen Mirren's cameo ever since it leaked a few weeks ago, and boy, was it worthy of the Dame, who we heard voicing Becky's (Lauren Potter) internal monologue.
On the proposal front, Artie (Kevin McHale) and Mike Chang (Harry Shum, Jr.) tell Mr. Schue (Matthew Morrison) that he has sexy, Mick Jagger hips — setting up a "Moves Like Jagger/Jumpin' Jack Flash" mash-up. Will is going to need moves like Jagger if he intends to propose to Emma (Jayma Mays), but first he needs a ring, and who better than Finn (Cory Monteith) to take along engagement ring shopping? The two obviously have some sort of connection and, before we know it, Will hits Finn with his own proposal to be his best man.
Finn has his own bomb to drop on Will, telling him that he has been meeting with an Army recruiter and plans on following in his father's footsteps by enlisting. Will calls Finn's mom and Burt to inform them of Finn's plans. This leads to Finn's shocking discovery that his dad wasn't killed in action — he was dishonorably discharged because of a drug habit and died of an overdose in Cincinnati.
Meanwhile, Will is getting ready for his proposal and deciding on a song to serenade Emma with for the big question. He makes the choice any straight man would and decides to go with Rihanna. Throw in roses and synchronized swimmers and you have a Glee-style, epic proposal. Emma, of course, says yes.
The proposals don't stop with Will and Emma. The most shocking moment comes from Finn, who applies for his first credit card to buy Rachel an engagement ring. Yes, Finn pops the question, but we'll have to wait until next week to find out Rachel's answer.
And that's what you missed on Glee.
Watch a clip here:
Read more here:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV