RECAP: 'American Idol' Top 7 Perform Current Hits
With only seven contestants left, American Idol is getting down to the wire, and the judges seem to be sensing that pretty soon, one of their favorites is going to be knocked out of the competition.
Only poor Hollie Cavanagh, who was in the bottom two last week, receieved a lukewarm response from both the audience and judges Steven Tyler, Jennifer Lopez and Randy Jackson. Cavanagh's loud and proud performance of P!nk's "Perfect" on Wednesday's current hits episode (all songs had to be from the past 3 years) would have knocked everyone's socks off a few weeks ago, but with the competition being so stiff, the judges said it was not perfect. And worse: the quieter-than-usual audience seemed to agree. When it was Jackson's turn to speak, he remarked that the auditorium had grown eerily silent.
The judges seemed to have nothing but praise for the other six contestants. The show nearly stopped as soon as it had begun, with Skylar Laine's impeccable rendition of Kellie Pickler's "Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You." Lopez called it "pitch perfect." Jackson said Laine could have a #1 hit with a song like that.
Other stand-outs of the night were favorites Jessica Sanchez, who reminded everyone just how well she could sing, and Joshua Ledet, who has been consistently awe-inspiring for a few weeks running. Sanchez's emotional, athletic performance of Jazmine Sullivan's "Stuttering" swept the judges away. "You slayed the biggest fish of the night," Jackson said. Ledet, performing Bruno Mars' "Runaway Baby," sported bright red socks and an energetic attitude — and got a standing ovation from the judges.
Watch Ledet's performance here:
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- ‘Man Of Steel’ Makes World Premiere In New York City
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone On The Lonely Island, 'The Wack Album'