RECAP: 'American Idol' Sends Elise Testone Away
After booting off raspy-voiced Elise Testone on Thursday, American Idol is down to five remaining contestants — diminutive balladeer Jessica Sanchez, twang diva Skylar Laine, heartbreaking alt-rocker Phillip Phillips, sultan of soul Joshua Ledet and big-voiced clinger-on Hollie Cavanagh. Wednesday's performance round was inspired by the rock band Queen, but Testone was left to watch pop royalty slip out of her fingers.
Idol music producer and mentor Jimmy Iovine predicted that Testone was in danger of going home. “She’s a great singer, made bad choices,” Iovine said of Testone's performances of Queen’s “I Want It All” and Jimmy Hendrix’s “Bold as Love.”
Other Thursday night highlights included the return of Season 10 contestant Stefano Langone, who performed his song “I’m On A Roll," Katy Perry's military-inspired performance of "Part of Me" and the top 6 performing with Queen original Brian May.
Watch that video here:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV