Radcliffe Films Gay Teen Suicide Prevention PSA
Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe filmed a public service announcement on Friday for The Trevor Project, an organization focused on preventing suicide among gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered adolescents through a 24-hour helpline service.
Radcliffe explained that because his parents were both actors, he was raised around many gay people and felt that he was in a unique position to speak out. “Straight people are incredibly interested and care a lot about [gay suicide prevention] as well,” Radcliffe said. The PSA is set to air this spring.
The Trevor Project was founded in the late '90s by three filmmakers responsible for the 1994 Academy Award winning Trevor, a tragicomic short film about a gay 13-year-old boy that attempts suicide. It is currently the only American organization that offers a round-the-clock helpline for troubled LGBTQ youth. –AHMED MORI
For more information visit http://www.thetrevorproject.org/.
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV