Queen Elizabeth Visits Husband In Hospital
With the weekend's Diamond Jubilee celebrations behind her, Queen Elizabeth II visited her ailing husband Prince Philip in the hospital on Wednesday where he is receiving treatment for a bladder infection.
Philip, 90, also known as the Duke of Edinburgh, was taken to King Edward VII hospital in London on Monday after falling ill. He turns 91 on Sunday.
Since being admitted, the prince's condition has "improved considerably," according to a statement on the official British Monarchy website. "The treatment of his infection continues with antibiotics. He is likely to remain in hospital over the next few days. He is in good spirits," the statement obtained by CNN said. Philip is expected to remain under observation for several days.
A former naval officer, Philip married the queen in 1947 — five years before her accession to the throne.
Read more about the British royal family here:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV