'Prometheus' Trailer Raises New Questions
Visionary director Ridley Scott, who brought us such iconic films as Alien, Blade Runner, and Thelma & Louise, is about to unleash his latest directorial extravaganza, Prometheus — starring heavy-hitters Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender, and Patrick Wilson — upon the world.
The movie follows a team of explorers who are investigating the origins of mankind, which takes them "on a journey to the darkest corners of the universe." There have been rumors that the film was conceived as a kind of prequel to Alien, and while the plot isn't directly connected, Scott conceded that the movie occupies "the same general universe" as the Alien franchise, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Fassbender, who plays an android in the new film, agrees that there is "a definite connecting vein" between the movies, according to MTV. "You realize you're part of something else, but it's definitely in keeping with the old ones," he said of working on Prometheus. "There's a whole new revelation within this film."
You'll have plenty of time to debate the issue based on what you see in the trailer. Prometheus doesn't hit theaters until June 8.
You might also like:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV