Project Runway Crowns An Unlikely Winner
As Heidi Klum always says on Project Runway, "In fashion, one day you are in, and the next day you are out." Luckily for Anya Ayoung-Chee, a former Miss Universe candidate from the island of Trinidad who learned to sew a mere four months before auditioning for the show, she was "in" all the way. She was revealed to be the Project Runway's winner on Thursday night's finale.
The final four contestants — Ayoung-Chee, Josh MicKinley, Kimberly Goldson and Viktor Luna — presented their collection at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. Klum and judges Michael Kors and Nina Garcia preferred Ayoung-Chee's collection of flowing, tropical gowns to McKinley's over-the-top apparel, Goldson's urban girl chic and Luna's wildly varied pieces.
Previously in the competition, Ayoung-Chee was nearly sent home when the judges thought that her work looked "tortured" and that she seemed unprepared to deliver a sound collection, but they decided to let all four remain in the running for the big prize, which includes finances for starting their own line.
Watch the video here:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV