Prince Harry To Take Helicopter Training In U.S.
Prince Harry will land in the U.S. Southwest next week to begin a two-month course of military helicopter training in order to prepare for combat. The crews of Apache helicopters train at Naval Air Facility El Centro in California, about 90 miles east of San Diego, CNN reports. El Centro happens to be the city where '80s action film Top Gun, starring Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer, was filmed.
Known as Captain Harry Wales to his fellow soldiers, Harry, 27, will also be training at the Gila Bend Air Force Auxiliary Field in southern Arizona.
The stay in the U.S. is part of a two-month series of maneuvers known as Exercise Crimson Eagle, in which British fliers practice in California and Arizona, where the terrain is similar to southern Afghanistan.
Most Popular News
- ‘NSYNC Reunites At 2013 MTV Video Music Awards With Justin Timberlake [VIDEO]
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Lisa Kudrow Ordered To Pay Former Manager Scott Howard $1.6 Million In Lawsuit
- April Fool's Day Tweets: Best Celeb Pranksters Hit Twitter
- Why Sia Doesn't Show Her Face
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Brenton Thwaites & Odeya Rush On 'The Giver,' Taylor Swift, Meryl Streep, Jeff Bridges
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jessica Chastain & Jess Weixler On 'The Disappearance Of Eleanor Rigby,' Being Best Friends