Prince Harry To Take Helicopter Training In U.S.
Prince Harry will land in the U.S. Southwest next week to begin a two-month course of military helicopter training in order to prepare for combat. The crews of Apache helicopters train at Naval Air Facility El Centro in California, about 90 miles east of San Diego, CNN reports. El Centro happens to be the city where '80s action film Top Gun, starring Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer, was filmed.
Known as Captain Harry Wales to his fellow soldiers, Harry, 27, will also be training at the Gila Bend Air Force Auxiliary Field in southern Arizona.
The stay in the U.S. is part of a two-month series of maneuvers known as Exercise Crimson Eagle, in which British fliers practice in California and Arizona, where the terrain is similar to southern Afghanistan.
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Lisa Kudrow Ordered To Pay Former Manager Scott Howard $1.6 Million In Lawsuit
- ‘NSYNC Reunites At 2013 MTV Video Music Awards With Justin Timberlake [VIDEO]
- April Fool's Day Tweets: Best Celeb Pranksters Hit Twitter
- 'How I Met Your Mother' Alternate Ending Revealed
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes