Polina Edmunds Proves Herself In Olympic Debut At Sochi
Polina Edmunds, the 15-year-old figure skater from the U.S., may not have medaled, but she certainly left her mark on the ice at the Sochi 2014 Olympics.
Polina Edmunds' Olympic Debut
Edmunds ended up finishing in ninth place overall, two spots behind her teammate Ashley Wagner, and five behind American standout Gracie Gold, who finished outside of medal contention in fourth. Edmunds, who placed second at nationals, was far from discouraged by the results at Sochi.
"I’d love to come back to the Olympics,” Edmunds told reporters on Thursday. "That's four years from now and I know I have to keep building up my strength. I'm going to keep training for worlds. I'm really excited for that."
"I missed an element and that wasn't fun,” she said of her long program. “Of course, I would have liked to have done a clean skate but I'm glad of the way I came back. I felt like I was skating on the ice for hours. After my second triple lutz, I'm like, 'Yeah, I'm at the Olympics.' "
If Edmunds continues on her quick rise to the heights of her sport, a rivalry could emerge between her and fellow 15-year-old skater Yulia Lipnitskaya, who placed fifth at the end of the competition.
– Chelsea Regan
For More Sochi 2014 News:
Most Popular News
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Lourdes Leon Hits The Beach In A Bikini
- 'War Machine' Jon Koppenhaver, Goes On Twitter Rant Following Alleged Beating Of Girlfriend, Christy Mack
- John Denver's Aspen Home Is Back On The Market; Owners Selling For $10.75 Million
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen