Polina Edmunds Proves Herself In Olympic Debut At Sochi
Polina Edmunds, the 15-year-old figure skater from the U.S., may not have medaled, but she certainly left her mark on the ice at the Sochi 2014 Olympics.
Polina Edmunds' Olympic Debut
Edmunds ended up finishing in ninth place overall, two spots behind her teammate Ashley Wagner, and five behind American standout Gracie Gold, who finished outside of medal contention in fourth. Edmunds, who placed second at nationals, was far from discouraged by the results at Sochi.
"I’d love to come back to the Olympics,” Edmunds told reporters on Thursday. "That's four years from now and I know I have to keep building up my strength. I'm going to keep training for worlds. I'm really excited for that."
"I missed an element and that wasn't fun,” she said of her long program. “Of course, I would have liked to have done a clean skate but I'm glad of the way I came back. I felt like I was skating on the ice for hours. After my second triple lutz, I'm like, 'Yeah, I'm at the Olympics.' "
If Edmunds continues on her quick rise to the heights of her sport, a rivalry could emerge between her and fellow 15-year-old skater Yulia Lipnitskaya, who placed fifth at the end of the competition.
– Chelsea Regan
For More Sochi 2014 News:
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango