Pippa Middleton Skis For Charity
Royal sister-in-law Pippa Middleton, 28, isn't all glitz, glamor, and party planning. She also has an athletic side.
Middleton finished the annual 56-mile Vasaloppet cross-country ski race in Sweden in 7 hours and 13 minutes on Sunday. Her brother James also joined her in the event and finished less than half an hour before her, in 6 hours and 47 minutes. The duo joined the race to raise funds for Magic Breakfast, a charity that helps feed hungry children in the UK.
Middleton finished 412th out of 1,734 women competing, according to the New York Daily News. The fit-as-fiddle Middleton didn't even put too much effort in training for the race. She admitted to reporters that she only spent "a couple of weekends" preparing, according to USA Today.
When she crossed the finish line, race steward Erik Smedhs, 20, impulsively approached Middleton and planted a kiss on her left cheek. "I didn't really plan it," he later told the UK's Daily Telegraph. "It was just a spontaneous thing. It's traditional to kiss the winner of the race, but I thought it would be funny to kiss Pippa when she finished. She just said 'thank you' and smiled."
Check out these related stories:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV