Peter Jackson Defends 'The Hobbit' Criticism
Director Peter Jackson responded to criticism about the format of his upcoming The Hobbit that surfaced at CinemaCon in Las Vegas last week when Jackson and Warner Bros. debuted 10 minutes of film footage, starring Elijah Wood, Hugo Weaving, Orlando Bloom, Martin Freeman, Christopher Lee, Ian McKellen, Ian Holm, Cate Blanchett, and Andy Serkis.
"This technology is going to keep evolving," Jackson said about the new format, which shoots the film at 48 frames per second instead of the usual 24, which, according to Jackson, creates a more lifelike picture, reports EW.
Jackson is defending the appearance of the film from critics who argue that it looks too glossy. "At first it's unusual because you've never seen a movie like this before," he said. "It's literally a new experience." At the same time, Jackson recognizes that it may just come down to a matter of personal taste. "I can't say anything to someone who doesn't like fish," he offered as a comparison. "You can't explain why fish tastes great and why they should enjoy it."
When The Hobbit: The Unexpected Journey is released in theaters on December 14, however, Jackson expects that the format won't be that big of a deal, especially since The Hobbit will ultimately be available in six different formats: 3D, 2D, and IMAX 3D — with each one available in either the 24- or 48-frame style.
You might also like:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV