Paula Deen Loses 30 Pounds
Food Network chef and comfort food queen Paula Deen has shed 30 pounds nearly six months after revealing that she was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. Deen has been widely criticized for her love of the kind of fatty, high-calorie foods that many say contribute to the nation's growing obesity epidemic, as well as conditions such as heart disease and diabetes.
Deen said she started slimming down by cutting out carbs and turning to healthier options like fish and salad. "I do think differently now," Deen, 65, told People about her change of heart. "I'm more aware."
Deen described her weight battle as a long and difficult one. "It took me a couple of years to get to this point," she said, adding a dash of advice: "If you make a few small changes, they can add up to big results."
Read more here:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV